Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone else having problems with Facebook loading slow? Or Safari randomly quitting?

These past couple of weeks Facebook loads realllllly slow. So does my email site. It's really frustrating. I have ran Onyx a couple of times and it says everything is ok. I've reset safari, deleted the plist and cleared the cookies and cache'. I havent done the PRAM reset yet. I don't want to have to download a new web browser. I also have been having problems with safari just randomly quitting on me. It does it alot when I get on Amazon. If anyone knows what is going on I would really appreciate some knowledge and help!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 11:38 PM

5 replies

Jun 2, 2012 1:35 AM in response to DeeganMarie

Facebook's been having problems for a while now, including a complete outage for an hour or so the other day.

Yesterday I couldn't get the internal links to work until I deleted some strange cookies that appeared in the Facebook set.

Clearing the cache may help too, to ensure a full page refresh.

btw I use Firefox.

(won't have Google on my computer).

Message was edited by: noondaywitch

Jun 2, 2012 8:40 PM in response to bshaas

I've tried Chrome and I just keep going back to Firefox because that's what I'm accustomed to, I guess: I've been using it for years and years. The only feature that I really like about Chrome is the built-in pdf reader. Put I can get the same thing - and better - using a Firefox plug-in. I keep both Safari and Chrome on my computer and use Safari from time-to-time, but my go-to browser is still Firefox.

Just my 2¢...

Clinton

Is anyone else having problems with Facebook loading slow? Or Safari randomly quitting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.