Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to install final cut studio 2 but disk unrecognisable

Hey,

I've recently had problems with compressor so I thought I would do a clean erase and install to reinstall compressor. Lo and behold I go to put my disk into my macbook's superdrive and installer refuses to kick in. It keeps seeing the disk as a blank disk and treats it as such. Would anyone know why this is so?

The disk doesnt have any scratches on it and is usually kept in its sleeve in the final cut studio box that shipped with it.

Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 6:15 AM

One possilbility is your optical drive. Try some other install disks from other software to see whether anyread issues surface. (I recently had to replace my drive that was displaying similar symptoms.) If you have a cleaning disk, you could also try that.

Good luck.

Russ

2 replies

Jun 4, 2012 4:15 PM in response to Russ H

I actually had it replaced not long ago though. For some reason this and the live type media 2 disk seem to be the only problems its having reading. I've found for some reason when my laptop is colder than usual (colder than room temperature) it reads better (which I find plain weird!) I'll give the cleaning disk idea a go though. Thanks!

trying to install final cut studio 2 but disk unrecognisable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.