Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can my battery Health be 101%?

Thanks to a comment here, I downloaded "Battery Health" to check out my battery periodically.

Here's what it shows:

User uploaded file

How can I have a battery that's 101% healthy? Can I go for 110%?

I use this battery a lot, going into sleep mode at least twice a day. I'm getting about 4 hours a charge from it now (again, thanks to some tips here from users - I love you gals and guys!) but it is 4.6 months old now (hmm, got this MBP on March 20th - that must be from date of manufacture?).

Not a pressing question, just curious... could my SSD be improving my battery life too?

Clinton

Mac OS X (10.7.4), 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 12:54 AM

Your battery's full charge capacity is slightly greater than its design capacity. In other words, you happened to get a particularly good one.

2 replies

Jun 2, 2012 1:46 AM in response to eww

Well, aren't I the lucky one! It's about time - on my first MacBook Pro (1,1) I went through battery after battery until Apple finally got me two that actually worked... and although I liked the ability to switch them out when one was discharged I hated the battery life that I was getting. I'm very satisfied with my batter now: 4 hours is pretty good with the apps I run. And I don't know if it's really a factor but I seem to get better battery life with my SSD than I did with my stock HD.

Thanks for letting me know my good luck!

Clinton

How can my battery Health be 101%?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.