Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I flip a Photobooth video to show the right way round?

I've made a brief video using Photobooth (on my MacBook) and uploaded it to Youtube. But it's still showing a mirrorred version, with everything back to front. How do I flip a video in photobooth? I thought it only showed you the image in reverse whilst you record, but it's stayed that way.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 2:30 AM

9 replies

Jul 31, 2012 1:26 AM in response to a brody

I'm going through the same thing. I imported the PhotoBooth video into Quicktime as you suggested, and mirrored it so that it would be facing the correct direction. Saved it, looks great. Uploaded the newly flipped video into YouTube.....and it's reversed again!!!! I will NOT stay flipped upon upload, no matter what I do. I know in future, I'll not use PhotoBooth to film video, I'll do it straight into Quicktime, but meanwhile, I need to post this video on YT and it looks ridiculous flipped the wrong way. Any other suggestions?

Aug 12, 2016 2:25 PM in response to John the Greek

I have solved this problem by opening the Photo Booth video in Quicktime, then using the flip vertical option in the edit menu (I also used the flip horizontal option because it was backwards too). Then I shared to my Youtube account directly from there using the icon in the bottom right corner and it ended up right-side-up on youtube. It was pretty easy, but next time I'll just record in Quicktime to begin with. At least I was able to use the videos I had already recorded.

How do I flip a Photobooth video to show the right way round?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.