Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a currency in numbers missing custom format option

I just paid for numbers latest version June 2012. iPad 3' v5.1.1. Want to format a cell as a currency not in the little list chosen by apple. Forums suggest using the custom format option but I can not see this anywhere? Any ideas how to add a custom format or how to extend the list of currencies to all currencies. If nothing else missing out a countries currency as too unimportant to include is just plain rude!

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 8:51 AM

1) You posted to the Numbers on Mac OS X forum ( Apple Support Communities > iWork > Numbers > Discussions ). The iWork for iOS forum is more likely to provide the direct answer...

it is here: https://discussions.apple.com/community/app_store/iwork_for_ios

2) you can add custom formats (demonstrating from Numbers for Mac OS X) by opening the cells inspector:

User uploaded file

Then naming the new format and setting the parameters of the format:

User uploaded file

If the currency symbol is not in the list then you can preceed (or follow) the value with the proper symbol:

I decided to demonstrate this by showing a preceeding infinity sign before the amount:

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2012 8:51 AM in response to Paulg133

1) You posted to the Numbers on Mac OS X forum ( Apple Support Communities > iWork > Numbers > Discussions ). The iWork for iOS forum is more likely to provide the direct answer...

it is here: https://discussions.apple.com/community/app_store/iwork_for_ios

2) you can add custom formats (demonstrating from Numbers for Mac OS X) by opening the cells inspector:

User uploaded file

Then naming the new format and setting the parameters of the format:

User uploaded file

If the currency symbol is not in the list then you can preceed (or follow) the value with the proper symbol:

I decided to demonstrate this by showing a preceeding infinity sign before the amount:

User uploaded file

Adding a currency in numbers missing custom format option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.