Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

23" Cinema Display only boots after repeated reconnecting to CVI to ADC Adapter. How fix?

Our 23" Cinema Display (plastic enclosure) now only comes on after repeatedly connecting, disconnecting, then reconnecting the power cord to the CVI to ADC adapter. I bought another adapter but it still has the same problem. I tried cleaning the spikes in the male connector from the Cinema Display, but no difference.

Is the power cable and connector faulty? I welcome and appreciate any help to solve this. Thanks.

Duncan

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 4 2TB HDs

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 2:30 PM

If you've tried two different adapters, it's probably an issue with the display.

7 replies

Jun 2, 2012 4:38 PM in response to Duncan Knowles

It's possible. What happens when you jiggle the connection? In any case, it's tough to get parts and a crap shoot akin to a shade tree mechanic otherwise. See here for a parts listing: http://oldsite.auburnschl.edu/Technology/protected/applemanuals/cinema_hd_displa y_23.pdf

I just tossed my old 23" Cinema HD Display a couple of days ago because it had an intermittent heat related problem. It was either the inverter board or the main board. It just wasn't worth messing with it.

Jun 2, 2012 4:46 PM in response to Lanny

When I jiggle the connection, the image still stays on the screen just fine. It's only when I start it up from the off position that I have to connect, disconnect,reconnect, etc. until the image comes on the screen and stays there.

But you're right. It's probably time to consider a new monitor. I'm hoping that Apple will come out with a retina display monitor sometime soon. I'll try to follow your advice and get a replacement.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. Best wishes, Duncan

Jun 2, 2012 4:56 PM in response to Duncan Knowles

I just replaced it with a 27" LED Cinema Display. I chose from a list that included two HP units (27" and 30"), a Dell, and an NEC.

I expect that Apple will introduce retina displays on MacBook Pros relatively soon, but there are less than a half dozen panel makers worldwide and no one seems to be producing any large panels, 27"-30" any time soon.

23" Cinema Display only boots after repeated reconnecting to CVI to ADC Adapter. How fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.