2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2012 10:56 AM by jondog1520
jondog1520 Level 1 (0 points)

When asked to provide an apple password, I am automatically prompted to use an account I do not want to use.  How do I eliminate this preset account and program the account I want to use?

• lllaass Level 10 (172,255 points)

Try going to Settings>Store and sign out  and then sign into the account you want. 

However, you did not say what you were trying to do so my suggestion may not work.

• jondog1520 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you for responding.  I tried that and it prompted me to my second account, the one I want to use.  At the risk of being boring, I will explain.  My ipad brings up a prompt for a gmail account, but I want to use a second account, that's what I have my phone and imac synced to.  The password I thought I had for the gmail account doesn't work and when I try to reset it, I can't get past the id verification window because (for some reason) for only the gmail account, I am prompted for the month and day of my birth, no year.  When I attempt to continue, I am denied because my authentication information does not match.  Hence, my quagmire.  I appreciate your consideration and response.