Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I reset apple password account?

When asked to provide an apple password, I am automatically prompted to use an account I do not want to use. How do I eliminate this preset account and program the account I want to use?

iPad

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 10:38 AM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2012 10:56 AM in response to lllaass

Thank you for responding. I tried that and it prompted me to my second account, the one I want to use. At the risk of being boring, I will explain. My ipad brings up a prompt for a gmail account, but I want to use a second account, that's what I have my phone and imac synced to. The password I thought I had for the gmail account doesn't work and when I try to reset it, I can't get past the id verification window because (for some reason) for only the gmail account, I am prompted for the month and day of my birth, no year. When I attempt to continue, I am denied because my authentication information does not match. Hence, my quagmire. I appreciate your consideration and response.

how do I reset apple password account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.