Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF files will not open in Safari

When clicking on a link to a pdf file (example: <a href = 'xxx.pdf'>

I get a blank window. Have Acrobat, latest version installed. Is there a special process to install it in Safari?

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 12:53 PM

20 replies

Jul 29, 2012 5:52 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for the advice you posted Carolyn. It sorted out a problem that I've been grappling with all morning.

By the way folks, when I followed Carolyn's advice and went to delete the Adobe plug in, I found that there were two versions of it in my Internet Plugins folder. Presumably one was left over from a previous install, but they didn't appear adjacent to each other in the folder list so if I had been in hurry I might have missed the second one. Anyway, deleting them both did the trick.

Thanks again.

Oct 16, 2012 1:40 AM in response to tspurr

Hello! I have:

Mac OS X 10.8.2

Safari 6.0.1.

Adobe Reader 10.1.4

My problem:

I need to open some PDF documents online in browser. This documents has hyperlink, so if I push this hyperlink it open anouther PDF dock.

In windows in any browser PDF opened by Adobe Acrobat Reader, so all hyperlink are availibe.

But in Mac if I whant to open PDF directly in browser It opened by Prewiev program. But not by Adobe Acrobat Reader. In Previev program this hyperlink are not availible.

How I can open PDF directly in browser in Adobe Acrobat Reader?

PDF files will not open in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.