Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install Apple Application Support?

I am trying to install iTunes on my laptop. It gets all the way to the end, and then it gives me an error saying I need to install Apple Application Support. I have no idea how to get that. Any advice would be appreciated!

Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 12:34 PM

6 replies

Jun 2, 2012 4:47 PM in response to tarad28

Let's try a standalone Apple Application Support install. It still might not install, but fingers crossed any error messages will give us a better idea of the underlying cause of the issue.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR:

http://www.rarlab.com/

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you? If so, does iTunes launch properly now?

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

Sep 29, 2012 7:58 AM in response to mattfromguilford

I am getting the exact same error and have tried everything with no luck so far.

mattfromguilford wrote:

The error message says:

An error occured during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195",publicKeyToken="1fc8b 3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86'". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x800736FD

Dec 20, 2012 4:29 PM in response to tarad28

Alright, I"m about at the end of my rope with this stupidity.

By some miricle I was able to get iTunes 10.3 to install but AMDS would not install no matter what I did. But at least I could use iTunes. Which turned out to be pretty useless as I have been unable to update anything on my phone for almost a year now.

Today I attempted again to get this going. I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and removed any and all Apple cancer on my system (at least I think I did). Downloaded a fresh version of iTunes64 and extracted to a folder. I then proseeded to install each part individually. This was working great. AAS installed, AMDS installed, Apple Software Update installed, Bonjour64 installed. However, iTunes64 refused to install. It failed instantly saying it encountered an error.

So I decided to use the regular installer now that I had all the other stuff installed. It did the regular stupidity of failing to install each bit (which was fine cause I already installed them) and iTunes did install cause I got shortcuts on my desktop as well as errors when trying to start iTunes after install. Seems when it failed to install the other bits it removed them (thank you apple!). So I proseeded to manually install them again now that iTunes was on my system. They all installed except AAS (Apple Application Support). So now I have iTunes on my system with all but one of the support .msi's but I cannot install it. But at least my system now recognizes when my iPhone is plugged into my computer and allows it to charge and view the pictures.

Is there perhaps a specific order to either install or uninstall (or both) that may have made it work? I'm tired of this BS to be quite honest.

How do I install Apple Application Support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.