Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find the actual size of an app? Example: a wallpaper app claims the size of 4.4 MB, but the size on my iPhone is 4.9 GB!

Some of the apps on my iPhone are much larger size-wise than claimed on their app page. Example: Wallpapers HD claims 4.4 MB, but the actual size on my phone is 4.9 GB! Pinterest & Facebook also end up being huge real estate hogs. How do I really know the size of an app? The apps don't represent themselves accurately in the app store.

I figured out that 2 of my podcast apps allow me to remove content after listening. Others don't, though.

I'm hoping some of you younger people know the answer.

Thanks,

Nana Lybbr8

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 3:42 PM

The size of an app depends on two different things:

1) the size of the App (as in the App Store)

2) the size of the App Data

The App Data can really inflate the size.

If you want to see how much space an app is actually taking up, got to the Settings app under General and then tap "usage."

Unfortunately some apps don't let you delete the content. Others do.

Hope this answers your question.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2012 3:42 PM in response to Lybbr8

The size of an app depends on two different things:

1) the size of the App (as in the App Store)

2) the size of the App Data

The App Data can really inflate the size.

If you want to see how much space an app is actually taking up, got to the Settings app under General and then tap "usage."

Unfortunately some apps don't let you delete the content. Others do.

Hope this answers your question.

How do I find the actual size of an app? Example: a wallpaper app claims the size of 4.4 MB, but the size on my iPhone is 4.9 GB!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.