Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

import ringtone to Garage Band ?

I am new to Garage Band, and I would like to insert some ringtones into a track I'm preparing (I'm doing Tai Chi with classical music in the background, and I need a "reminder" at certain points in the music to switch to a new pose, so I wanted to use sounds from nature, and the best option seems to be a ringtone, because they last only a few seconds).

I downloaded an iPhone app with ringtones that are sounds from nature, but I can't figure out where to access the files. If I could find the files, then maybe I could import them into iTunes as "songs" and then I could more easily insert them into Garage Band tracks (I'm using Garage Band on my desktop iMac, not an iPad). Thanks!

GarageBand (Mac) '11, iOS 5.1.1, Garage Band 6.0.5

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 6:16 PM

1 reply

Dec 31, 2015 3:18 AM in response to Sullivans in Kansas City

Hi there! I was just checking out how to import an m4r tone into Garage Band and thought your post deserves at least one response. 🙂

I am guessing - and hope - you have found a solution in the meantime.

In my opinion, your best bet would be to find the sound effects on the internet or download the audio from a nature video on youtube (via youtube-mp3.org) and import them as mp3. Even if you can locate the ringtones from the app, you'd have to import them into iTunes, thus cluttering up your library, then convert them into mp3, which requires a few steps. A lot of hassle if you can have it easier.

Regards, M.

import ringtone to Garage Band ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.