Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidently deleted all my contacts how do i get them back is there a restore feature for previous day

I accidently deleted all my contacts in i phone. My wife and i were sharing an apple account and I updated my phone to her account and she got all my contacts. Not knowing she deleted them off her phone which with I cloud deleted off my phone, I have to say I did the same with some of her contacts. We both want to retrieve and I will sent up my own account to not have this problem in the future, all I have already changed setting on my phone. Is a restore feature on the phone to a date prior to our deleting date. ?

iPhone 3G, iOS 5.0.1, I just up dated to new operating sy

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 8:21 PM

4 replies

Jun 2, 2012 8:49 PM in response to Jgoodin

If you haven't backed up your contacts anywhere else, your only option would be to try to restore from the backup created the last time you synced your phone. This may bring back some or all of your contacts. (It also may not as contacts are only backed up as necessary to maintain the recent call and favorite call lists.) Also, this will revert all settings and data to those contained in the backup, not just contacts. One last caveat is that this will not work if you have already synced your phone again since this happened, as this will have already overwritten your earlier backup.

If you still want to try this, do the following:

1. Without connecting your phone, open iTunes on your computer and go to Preferences, on the Devices tab check "Prevent...from syncing automatically".
  2. Now connect your phone to your computer and import any recent photos and back up any other data since you last synced (new calendar events, etc.).
  3. Now go to iTunes and right-click on the name of your phone on the left sidebar and select Transfer Purchases
  4. Right-click on the name of your phone again and select Restore from Backup, selecting your most recent backup to restore from.
  5. Finish by going back to iTunes>Preferences>Devices and re-enabling automatic syncing.

This can be done on both phones, with all the same caveats.

Oct 9, 2013 8:44 AM in response to Jgoodin

Aren't the contacts saved in the iTunes backup? It may not have all of them, but when you back up your phone I think if you restore from a previous backup then you could possibly retrive them. I may be wrong, but I read somewhere a long time ago that it was an option. Have you ever backed up; not sync'd but backed up?
Once you do that, grab those contacts (if it works) and then restore contacts from the latest iPhone backup.

May 7, 2014 9:11 AM in response to Jgoodin

Hi Jgoodin,

That’s the one thing about technology. Just a simple click of the button, can change everything. A friend of mine, accidentally LIKED an embarassing post in his Facebook feeds – which led to him being made fun of. It can happen to anyone.

Remember:

User uploaded file

For future reference, always backup: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

I don’t know much about your specific case, but there are solutions, that can help you view deleted iPhone data. I’ve never encountered such a problem myself (I’m not ruling it out in the future – we’re all human after all), but if you’re very desperate, it’s worth researching.

Regards,

Natasha

Jul 7, 2015 12:37 AM in response to Jgoodin

Deleting or losing a contact doesn't mean it is gone forever. If you haven't yet synchronized your computer and your iPhone, use iTunes. If you have synchronized your devices, use your most current backup or archive. FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery can support you preview the contacts from iPhone or backup files. Then you can select the contacts to restore from iPhone.

I accidently deleted all my contacts how do i get them back is there a restore feature for previous day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.