Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2009 Wifi Issues

I just started having this same problem two days ago, on a 2009-ish Macbook Pro. At first I thought my modem was going out, but my brother-in-law just called me for some tech support and he's having this same problem (a 2011 Macbook Pro). I checked all the other devices in my house and they can all connect without problem. He did the same and got the same result. The only difference is that my Macbook eventually does get an internet connection while my brother-in-law does not (not yet anyway).

Crazy stuff.

<Re-titled By Host>

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 9:11 PM

1 reply

Jun 2, 2012 9:20 PM in response to Hamburglar53

Is your system software fully up-to-date with Software Update? If not, now would be a good time to do that and get any detected malware removed at the same time.

Are you using the correct Domain Name Server (DNS) numbers your ISP gave you to look up Internet "phone numbers"? Check them against the ones your ISP says to use, which should be readily available in your ISP help pages. NO valid DNS number begin with 85.xxx.yyy.zzz.

If you are in the US, you can use OpenDNS or Google DNS standard DNS numbers. In South America, Africa, Europe or Asia, these may cause additional delays.

Macbook Pro 2009 Wifi Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.