Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders Location Services Problems?!?! Help!

Hey everyone! I semi-recently got a new Iphone 4s and I am having some trouble with location services in reminders. When I give a command to Siri, something simple like the following, "Remind me to take out the trash when I get home" she promptly makes the reminder and no problem seems to be there. When I get home I do not receive the reminder, so I double checked the reminder and what the specific location was that she set it to. It turns out the location is wrong. It does say "Home" but the address doesn't match the "Home" address I have in my contact. It's close, but it isn't exact. Let me give an example.

When I go to the Reminder page I see it says "Take Out Trash" (Arriving: Home) I click on that and it says on the Details page, Arriving: Home. So far so good, then I click on the "Arriving Home" portion and where it says "Home" it isn't the correct address. Let's say my correct address is 250 Maple Rd. The displayed address is 250 Stone Rd. or something. It's driving me nuts, and I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!!!

Derek

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 9:02 PM

10 replies

Jun 2, 2012 9:14 PM in response to Derekeys

Siri should be getting your home address from the contact set in Settings>General>Siri>My Info. You might double check that you have selected the correct contact, and that the address on the contact is listed as "home". One last thing you could do is tap on your home address in your contact and see if the Maps app identifies the correct address.

Jun 2, 2012 9:27 PM in response to Derekeys

That's a harder question to answer... I guess I would check Settings>Location Services and confirm that everything is turned on, especially Maps and Siri, then scroll down to the bottom and tap System Services and make sure everything is turned on there too. If everything is set right, there may be an issue with your local cellular towers. The iPhone GPS uses a combination of GPS, wi-fi hotspots and information from nearby cell towers to determine your position. It you're getting incorrect results you may have to contact your carrier to find out if there is anything they can do to impove on this.

Jun 2, 2012 9:34 PM in response to randers4

Thank you for your time and expertise. It's frustrating that I can ask for directions to get "Home" and it takes me to the correct location, but when I click on the address in my contact it shows up a street over. Same # home, just a near by street. I will contact my carrier to see what can be done. Makes my location services null until this can be fixed. Granted, my home is the only one with the issue, my work and other favorited locations work just fine.

Thank you again.

Derek

Jun 2, 2012 9:52 PM in response to randers4

Thank you again, this must be a carrier issue. The same problem happens when I click my home address on my ipad as well. The odd thing is, I tried to change my home address to several different addresses to see if it would continue to display incorrectly and it did. It kept dropping the pin in this obscure spot one street over from me. I see now why you have so many points! You are very helpful.

All the best.

Jun 2, 2012 9:57 PM in response to randers4

I've discovered the solution. Well, not truly the solution but definitely the root problem. When I turn off my wifi, and make the phone rely on cellular service only, it works perfectly. Suddenly received 30+ notifications... wow. The wifi is the problem. I feel better knowing what the specific issue is, but now I'm not sure how to proceed other than contacting my internet provider.

Just thought I'd annoy you some more 😉

Derek

Reminders Location Services Problems?!?! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.