Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with partitons

Hello Apple Support Communties

Recently I have delete my partition for boot camp. I have installed Windows 7 on it.

But when I tried to drag my starting hard drive to the space where the bootcamp partition was, it didn't work.

When I clicked apply, It went to the point where they said that they couldn't mount the disk, and it ended from there.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm afraid I can't provide the screenshots... 😢😢

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 6:52 AM

You screwed up! To remove a Boot Camp partition you need top Re-Run the Boot Camp Assistant program and select Remove Boot Camp Partition, or something like that.

Just Deleting the partition does not allow you to combine it back into the OS X partition, or not easily.

7 replies

Jun 4, 2012 6:37 AM in response to Shootist007

That really didn't work. I already erased the partition, so I don't think it would work.

I also erased the things in my hard drive and I am planning to recover with Time Machine.

But I have a old backup that had the Windows 7 partiton on it. Should I try to recover with that?

Oh yes, when I try to resize my partition back to it's normal space, it always says that it can't unmount it, even when I'm on Recovery HD.

Please come with an answer!! I want to get out of Recovery Mode.. 😢😢

Problem with partitons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.