Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I connect through Hughes.Net?

I just received the new ipad for my birthday and just figuring things out...so when i check the settings, the router i use is listed, but in the task bar i get "no service" or AT&T or searching. i thought i would automatically connect to Hughes. Do I have to change some other setting? Thanks for any help!!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 8:55 AM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2012 8:58 AM in response to susanv99

Is Hughes.net your internet service provider at home, and do you have a wireless (wi-fi) network that is connected with Hughes.net?

Seeing "no service" or AT&T searching means you are trying to connect to AT&T's cellular network with the iPad. That requires signing up for a data plan with AT&T which is on a month to month basis with no contract.

Jun 3, 2012 9:14 AM in response to Allan Sampson

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Hughes is my internet connection at home, and i have it connected to a wireless router which also my laptop and desktop use for internet. But they are not really networked, they just all work off of the router, and Hughes. Also, this is not password protected, as I live very far out in the country and don't have to worry about that! Like I said, the name of the router appears in the settings as available networks, but i just don't think i am getting the signal through it. And I don't understand why the ipad would continue to search for a signal...whatcha think?? thnx

Jun 3, 2012 9:20 AM in response to susanv99

You're welcome.

If you don't plan on having a data plan with AT&T at the present time, on the iPad go to Settings > Cellular Data and turn Cellular Data off.

Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.

Turn Wi-Fi on if not on.

Select your wi-fi network under Choose a Network. When the iPad is connected to the nework, a checkmark will be shown to the left of your network under Choose a Network, and the wi-fi connection indicator/icon will be shown in the iPad status bar at the top left next to iPad.

Jun 3, 2012 11:55 AM in response to Allan Sampson

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Hughes is my internet connection at home, and i have it connected to a wireless router which also my laptop and desktop use for internet. But they are not really networked, they just all work off of the router, and Hughes. Also, this is not password protected, as I live very far out in the country and don't have to worry about that! Like I said, the name of the router appears in the settings as available networks, but i just don't think i am getting the signal through it. And I don't understand why the ipad would continue to search for a signal...whatcha think?? thnx

how do I connect through Hughes.Net?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.