Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Run out of room on my Mac side, can I repartition more memory back from bootcamp?

I have very little room on my Mac side and 180gigs of free room on bootcamp, is there anyway to get it back?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 10:56 AM

Don't argue, just buy WinClone or Paragon CampTuneX.

Both have demo mode I believe. WinClone is under new management and support with new features. CamptuneX was the only real way to do non-destructive resize.

In any event, use the mac backup and windows system restore image backup so you have those - never work without a safety net, not worth it.

Generally 80GB is fine for Windows partition.

It is never good for any OS to get below 20% free space / 20GB minimum or it will have errors or problems functioning.

PS: Memory = RAM, not drive storage space

RAM is usually 4-8GB or even 16GB.

Disk drive partitions and storage are of course 100GB to 4TB.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2012 10:56 AM in response to JMattRussell

Don't argue, just buy WinClone or Paragon CampTuneX.

Both have demo mode I believe. WinClone is under new management and support with new features. CamptuneX was the only real way to do non-destructive resize.

In any event, use the mac backup and windows system restore image backup so you have those - never work without a safety net, not worth it.

Generally 80GB is fine for Windows partition.

It is never good for any OS to get below 20% free space / 20GB minimum or it will have errors or problems functioning.

PS: Memory = RAM, not drive storage space

RAM is usually 4-8GB or even 16GB.

Disk drive partitions and storage are of course 100GB to 4TB.

Jun 4, 2012 10:02 AM in response to The hatter

Okay so it took literally all day to set up Time Machine (Which I needed to get done anyway), the Bootcamp image, and then it sat overnight repartitioning it, but it is completely finished! This worked perfectly! I wish it didn't have to cost 40$ but I'm sure that's just what it costs to get it done if you know very little about computers! So thanks a lot for this, everything really worked out perfectly!

Run out of room on my Mac side, can I repartition more memory back from bootcamp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.