Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make a copy of photos taken on iPad camera?

I've only just got an iPad so forgive me if this is really basic but I want to make a copy of a photo I have taken with the camera on the iPad so I can edit one but still have the original. I've tried copy image but it doesn't seem to do anything, I'm not sure if it saves it somewhere else or it's just a copy and paste function?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 1:33 PM

What you are doing is a copy and paste function. After you copy the photo, it is placed on the iPad clipboard - which is invisible and cannot be accessed. The photo will remain in the clipboard until you copy something else which will replace the photo.

What app are you using for editing? I use PhotoPad for a little bit of editing and when I edit the photo and save it, it does not replace the original photo.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2012 1:33 PM in response to Jennawitch2003

What you are doing is a copy and paste function. After you copy the photo, it is placed on the iPad clipboard - which is invisible and cannot be accessed. The photo will remain in the clipboard until you copy something else which will replace the photo.

What app are you using for editing? I use PhotoPad for a little bit of editing and when I edit the photo and save it, it does not replace the original photo.

How to make a copy of photos taken on iPad camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.