Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird online banking problem.

I have been using online banking for years. Recently, when I click on the Bill payment tab it will not open that page. It simply stays on the home page.

I have filed a request with the online service, but they have not given me any useful suggestions.

I have cleared cache.

I do not have any third party tool bars running.

I have enabled "allow popups".

I do not have any antivirus, or anti-malware software running.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 3:02 PM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2012 6:47 PM in response to Eischens

Hi...

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Reset Safari

Select the top 6 boxes, click Reset.

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, open the Finder.

From your Finder menu bar top of your screen click Go > Go to Folder

Type this exactly as you see it here:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari

Click Go

Move the Cache.db or ApplicationCache.db file from the com.apple.Safari folder to the Trash

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

Jun 4, 2012 2:15 PM in response to Eischens

UPDATE:

This might help with trouble shooting. I created a new user account with administrative rights. I then logged in as that user. From that account I can access the online banking and billing page through Safari. When I log back in under my normal user ID (which of course has administrative rights) I can not access the billing page.

does this provide a useful hint?

Steve

Weird online banking problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.