Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone audio stuttering intermittent with headphone and pause control help?

I have been using the Apple headphones with the in-line remote for a long time and have never run into any problems before. Ever since getting my iPhone 4S with iOS 5, I have been experiencing an issue with skipping audio when I use the remote to pause/unpause a audiobook or podcast. I don't think this is an issue with the audio files.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 3:34 PM

3 replies

Dec 18, 2013 7:59 AM in response to ScottCharlene

I have the same problem. Had it with ios6 and 7 on my iPhone 5. Had it with the stock ear buds and the upgraded in-ear apple style. Had it with my original iPhone 5 over the past year intermittently and also with my new iPhone 5 (replaced via AppleCare due to a battery issue). Sounds like people have showed up with ios5 and never left. Hard to believe it's still a problem. Always happens when I resume a paused podcast (I don't play music) using the headphone button. The sound starts then goes away quickly then after that I start it again and I get stuttering. Only way to fix it is to re-insert the headphone jack.

There is an old thread on this with no solution at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3532921?start=15&tstart=0

Jul 27, 2015 6:33 PM in response to billfromgladstone

I've been living with this problem, I think since iOS 4 or 5. It remains a,l the way up to iOS 8. What is very interesting about it is that if you turn your screen on the audio clears up. Try it the next time this happens. Hit the Sleep/Wake button to turn the display on and the audio will clear up immediately. Wait for the screen to lock again on its own and the stuttering will continue. It's the weirdest bug. It's quite repeatable so I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed yet.

iPhone audio stuttering intermittent with headphone and pause control help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.