Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My gmail contacts

Why does my iPad not let my gmail account have contacts?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 9:41 PM

2 replies

Jun 12, 2012 12:14 PM in response to Saks9894

Don't ask me why but if you sync Gmail using the Gmail button instead of the exchange server it will not sync contacts with the Gmail server. In order to sync contacts delete your Gmail account in the settings on your iPad and the reestablish your gmail account as an exchange server. Leave domain blank. The server is M.google.com. Now you should be able to sync contacts mail calendars notes etc. The only drawback I've found to this method is you cannot see shared google calendars. The work around this is to use the Google button when you set up accounts only for your calendar and use the exchange button to set up all other Google apps.

My gmail contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.