Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie 11 some clips are not playing audio

I'm on an i7 macbook pro with 4Gigs of Ram running 10.6.8

I have 10 clips with transitions on the timeline. I selected one of the themed templates for the project and played it back a few times it was fine.

Now only the first 2 clips on the timeline play the audio. When it gets to the third clip and all the rest of them, no audio plays.
This is DSLR footage from a Canon 60D.

I don't have any exclamation marks inside of any triangles or anything like that.

Oh... Let me tell you what I did right before the problem started.
I went into some of the clips and adjusted the volume to be a little lower, that was it.

Anyone know if this is fixable?

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 10:49 PM

Thank God and to these forums I solved it!
I went to my hard drive "Macintosh HD" then
Users>Cosme422>Library>Preferences
and moved "com.apple.iMovieApp.plist" to the trash, then emptied the trash can. Opened iMovie and everything was reset.
Then opened the project I was working and everything was fixed.
All the audio files were playing back with the adjustments I had made earlier.

By the way my "Cosme422" is my home folder. Yours will be called something else, what every you used when you setup your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2012 10:49 PM in response to Cosme422

Thank God and to these forums I solved it!
I went to my hard drive "Macintosh HD" then
Users>Cosme422>Library>Preferences
and moved "com.apple.iMovieApp.plist" to the trash, then emptied the trash can. Opened iMovie and everything was reset.
Then opened the project I was working and everything was fixed.
All the audio files were playing back with the adjustments I had made earlier.

By the way my "Cosme422" is my home folder. Yours will be called something else, what every you used when you setup your computer.

imovie 11 some clips are not playing audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.