Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Pages '09, how do I remove the header from the first page of the document in a page layout document?

Working Pages '09, I am trying to set up a multi-page document using page layout (not a word processing document, because I'll be using lots of graphics and text boxes), with headers and footers, but no header on the first page, as this will be the title page. The layout>section pane has the 'First page is different' option greyed out (because it's a word processor only option). Help tells me that each page is it's own section in page layout, but there is no way to have one page without a header and all the others with, as far as I can tell. Am I completely missing something or is there a way around this?

Also, I want to do this again for additional chapters in the document (or else, I believe, be forced to manually start page numbering for each chapter in a new document).

Cheers.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 12:21 AM

Click anywhere in the SECOND page:

Open the Inspector.

Click the Layout button (second from left).

Click Section.

Make the two settings shown:

User uploaded file

Go to Page 1 and delete the contents of the Header.

Regards,

Barry

4 replies

Mar 25, 2013 11:20 AM in response to Barry

Hi, Barry. I don't know why this solution didn't work for me :-\ Does it matter that my page numbers are in the footer and not the header? When I follow your direction, the pages do get numbered differently. My problem occurs with the last step.

1. Open the Inspector. (Check!)

2. Click the Layout button (second from left). (Check!)

3. Click Section. (Check!)

4. Make the two settings shown: (Check!)

5. Go to Page 1 and delete the contents of the Header. (When I do this, the content for all footers is deleted...)

I really appreciate your insight.

In Pages '09, how do I remove the header from the first page of the document in a page layout document?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.