Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xsan Admin does not recognize xsan 2.2.2 mdc

Having issue with Xsan Admin 2.2.2 not recognizing file system as 2.2.2

In Xsan Admin - Computers, there are listed all clients and mdcs in my SAN.

All machines have Xsan 2.2.2 running on 10.6.8. On MDCs there is a red dot saying that Xsan 2.2.2 is recommended. All other clients are green.

I am absolutely sure that xsan file system version is 2.2.2 and there are no updates on Apples SU, or any changes if I manualy update to v2.2.2 FS.

Volumes are working and everythin seems fine but this is rather iritating issue.

Anyone have seen this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 2:01 AM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2012 2:00 AM in response to NiBo

On an MDC, what does /Library/Filesystems/Xsan/bin/cvversions show? What about the contents of /System/Library/CoreServices/XsanVersion.plist?

Maybe there's some bad info in a cache somewhere. Close the window in Xsan Admin and click disconnect. Then go to File -> New -> Connect to existing SAN, and reconnect to an MDC. If that doesn't help, try trashing /var/servermgrd/servermgr_xsan.lock then restarting servermgrd (or reboot) and then reconnect again in Xsan Admin.

Xsan Admin does not recognize xsan 2.2.2 mdc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.