Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie- adding a still photo

How can I add a still photo to an existing video project in imovie ?

AND

I need the audio of the existing video track to stay but the photo to override the moving picture ?

It sounds complicated and it probably is.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 9:51 AM

Hey,

To add a still photo, you just need to click on the camera icon on the middle-right side of iMovie. That will open up the photos that are organized on your computer, usually through iphoto. You then can select a photo and add it to your project.

To keep the audio and not the video track, right-click on the video clip in your project timeline and select "detach audio". That will seperate the audio track from the video track. You then can select and delete the video track and then add the picture in it's place.

I hope that makes sense.

The iMovie Guy

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2012 9:51 AM in response to lucyfrombim

Hey,

To add a still photo, you just need to click on the camera icon on the middle-right side of iMovie. That will open up the photos that are organized on your computer, usually through iphoto. You then can select a photo and add it to your project.

To keep the audio and not the video track, right-click on the video clip in your project timeline and select "detach audio". That will seperate the audio track from the video track. You then can select and delete the video track and then add the picture in it's place.

I hope that makes sense.

The iMovie Guy

imovie- adding a still photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.