Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV device does not respond to my remote.

I've restored the system software and tried to reset/re-pair the remote. I've also changed the battery in the remote. The Apple TV device re-boots when I dis-/re-connect the power, but I am then stuck. Any other troubleshooting ideas? Purchase a new remote? Try another non-Apple remote? Download an iOS remote (don't know if I can un-lock the Apple TV device)? Thanks!

AppleTV 2

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:37 AM

You've held menu and left direction button TOGETHER for 6 seconds to cancel any existing pairing?

8 replies

Jun 12, 2012 7:27 AM in response to tabiii

I have the same issue. If the Apple TV is connected to Internet it will set the day and time and proceed to the main menu. At that point I cannot move the blue selection box. If I power up the Apple TV without internet connected it says it is setting the date at time for nearly 5 minutes then goes into screen saying mode displaying the photos etc. it will not accept any input from the remote. The same remote works perfectly on a different Apple TV. Is there any way to reset the device?

Thanks

Jun 17, 2012 11:09 AM in response to Mela23

I was having the same problems with my remote not working at all but it would reboot pushing the down button and the menu button at the same time but still unable to use the remote for other functions, also tried unplugging, this problem started after the last software update so I decided to try the remote app on the ipad and this worked so I went to the settings and turned off the ipad remoted app then tried the little silver remote and it worked find.

My Apple TV device does not respond to my remote.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.