Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer iPhoto 11 MPEG-4 movie clips to iMovie 11?

iMovie 11 doesn't see any iPhoto movie clips. How do I fix this so I can edit and merge the clip into one movie?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 2:19 PM

Hey,

So are you trying to find the movie clips in iPhoto so that you can import them? If so,

You need to import iPhoto movie clips through file - import in iMovie. http://imovietutorialhelp.com/how-to-import-video-into-imovie-from-iphoto.html This site gives the steps to how to do this if you're unsure.

The iMovie Guy

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my video or link.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2012 2:19 PM in response to MamaTea

Hey,

So are you trying to find the movie clips in iPhoto so that you can import them? If so,

You need to import iPhoto movie clips through file - import in iMovie. http://imovietutorialhelp.com/how-to-import-video-into-imovie-from-iphoto.html This site gives the steps to how to do this if you're unsure.

The iMovie Guy

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my video or link.

Jun 4, 2012 2:45 PM in response to theimovieguy

Thanks I tried that but what worked was empting the iPhoto trash and restarting my mac. Well, maybe. That is what several other people on the forum said they had to do. What I really think is that when I open iMovie I clicked "wait till later" to rebuild the clips. The pop up sid something like that. When I restarted I click, rebuild! I think that was the problem all along. Strange that, that is an option when it causes such a problem. What do you think?

Jun 5, 2012 6:33 PM in response to theimovieguy

You know how you go an select a theme for the project? Well I chose the "Sports" theme. It does a fancy little beginning for the movie with credits. I just don't see where to put the movie (clips of a gymnastic tournament). You see this is my first "movie" I have done many slide shows with music. This is new and strange. Perhaps I have to do a separate project for the movie and then join the two. Who knows. Well, if you can help that would be great. Thank You, Tina

How can I transfer iPhoto 11 MPEG-4 movie clips to iMovie 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.