Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a app for T9 keyboard!!!

I currently have a droid and i'm thinking about switching to a Iphone.. I read reviews for T keyboard they all said there isn't any but the reviews are a few years old.. didn't know if something new came out..I found some but you have to copy and paste the words into messaging don't want anything like that. If i have to jail break my iphone for a T9 keyboard i will do so.. Please help!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 5:55 AM

The guy is asking for a T9 solution for iphone (like MANY others) , why would you answear him with a stupid question like that?? FYI, according to google adwords there are over 12000 monthly searches for the keyword T9 IPHONE, so apparantly there are people looking for this..

12 replies

Jun 12, 2012 5:52 AM in response to Britbrat12

I use "MultiTap Text" iphone application. Its by far the best numeric/t9 app out there in terms of easy to use and clean design. You have sending options like sms, email, copy&paste, facebook etc. (However, if youre looking to write with this keyboard through your default sms app, or reply sms messages from your default sms app with THIS keyboard, youll have a problem, since its against Apples policy to combine 3rd party apps into Apple apps)

Jul 13, 2012 3:31 AM in response to mainmike

Hi,

I too am asking this same question.

I currently have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray and it has the wonderful feature of being able to seamlessly move between phone keypad input and Qwerty by simple rotation of the handset - the best of both worlds.

Oddly enough after 8 months using this phone I find that most of the time I want to use the keypad T9 predictive input. It is faster and I can use it single handed and type with my left thumb. Also I don't need to get my glasses out to see the keyboard as it is much larger. I can actually type a text without even looking, if necessary. I've also done a speed and accuracy test and find that the keypad wins every time for me.

But for work purposes I'm going to have to move to an iphone eventually. But this lack of T9 (and the rediculous monthy cost £36 compared to £20) is making me stick with the Xperia Ray up to now.

This MultiTap text is presumably also T9 predictive? But you say it wont integrate easily with the iphone?? Do you mean if you need to reply to a text you have to call up the app...it doesn't just appear as an option?

Many Thanks

Aug 30, 2016 2:07 AM in response to curlydog

I love the t9 predictive on my Sony Xperia- can hold the phone and type with my thumb - so only use one hand to text!! So much faster and better than a QWERTY!! Sometimes the sensitivity of the screen lets it down tho - space bar doesn't register properly and messes up the words LOL. However my daughter is going to give me her iPhone 6 and I'm panicking that I won't have the T9 to text with!! It's seems a retrograde step to have to use two hands and although I can touch type on a pc keyboard, having to use a finger on each hand on a tiny QWERTY board is not my preferred way of doing it.

Is there a app for T9 keyboard!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.