Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not find out how to get pictures from my computer onto my new i-Pad.I found how to do it from a camera but not from my computer.

I can not find out how to get pictures from my computer onto my new i-Pad.I found how to do it from a camera but not from my computer.

iPad

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 12:52 PM

2 replies

Jun 4, 2012 12:56 PM in response to bube6977

Connect and select your iPad on the left-hand side of your computer's iTunes, and on the right-hand side there should be a series of tabs, one of which should be Photos - if you select that tab you can then select which photo folders to sync to the iPad. There is a bit more info on this page. You will need to sync all the photos that you want on the iPad together in one go as only the most recent photo sync remains on the iPad - not including photos in a subsequent sync is how you delete them from the iPad (synced photos can't be deleted directly on the iPad).

Jun 4, 2012 2:36 PM in response to bube6977

Another way. You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.

Plug the USB flash drive into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).

Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.