Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete watched tv shows on my iPad

How do I delete individual episodes of a tv season on my iPad? I can delete the entire season, but not individual shows

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 2:36 PM

17 replies

Sep 9, 2012 3:16 PM in response to Ge49erfan

Can someone explain why settings/usage/video is the only way to get rid of individual episodes of a TV series when something as simple as holding the icon and tapping the X is all that is necessary for deleting a movie?

Further - in settings/usage/video I only find those items downloaded fom iTunes. I have multiple movies ripped and uploaded to iTunes and synched with my iPad - they are not appearing there.

Does anyone at Apple think about ease of use and consistency? Ok-don't flame me. Seriously though - deleting a single episode and episode/item management is anything but intuitive.

Jan 23, 2013 1:05 AM in response to AnotherComment

However, when I go to settings>usage I do not get 'videos' to select. This is so frustrating and time consuming. I should not have to spend hours trying to find out how to delete individual episodes. The only reason I want to delete episodes anyway is to download the rest of the episodes within a series which I have already paid for. It won't download until I delete some. I tunes wins ...the series is already paid for. Too bad I can't watch them because of this problem.

Sep 19, 2013 10:50 PM in response to Ge49erfan

I was wondering if one of you smart folks out there can help. I just updated my software on my mini ipad but old tv shows that were free from years ago have reappeared on my ipad mini. i back it up on itunes on my mac and i don't see them there. on my ipad if i press and hold nothing happens it just prompts me to press play and when i do the settings usage....to edit and delete i don't see them there but when i hit the video app icon thats the only place i see them. thank you

How do I delete watched tv shows on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.