Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vodafone Mobile Connect software for Mac users - v2.08.05.04

Hi

I am currently trying to connect my emac to the internet via a stick/dongle and cannot find the appropriate vodafone software to make it work.

I have 10.5 on the mac and have two internet sticks one - a Huawei K3770 and a K3571.

I live in Ireland.

Any idea please on where I can downloadf this software and anything else i can do to to make a connection to the internet?

Lance

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 3:38 PM

2 replies

Jun 12, 2012 8:08 AM in response to xabre

Many USB WiFi dongles are notorious for not having proper Mac drivers. I surveyed them in a huge electronics superstore in Portland Oregon. They had six brands of USB dongles. None mentioned Mac support of the boxes. I jotted down the names and model numbers for later research. In web searching for drivers for there on the internet, I found four said, "no Mac support" and two that refering teh usr to third-pary sites for the drivers. That resulted only in circular links and no drivers.

If the dongle's website does not show drivers, you need to know the chipset they used. It is sometimes possible to find a generic Mac driver for units with a particular chipset.

The other option is to return the ones you have as non-working and order one of these from the US:

Newer Technology MAXPower 802.11n/g/b USB Adapter + Plug and play direct or with extension cradle

It will do wireless "n" on a USB 2.0 port, and the extension cradle offer flexibility in finding the best reception. The firm I linked ships to the UK. And it comes with Mac drivers.

Vodafone Mobile Connect software for Mac users - v2.08.05.04

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.