Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing existing account iCloud

Got used ipod touch and set up Apple ID w/o problem... with ipod touch I tried to sign in with new Apple ID account on icloud. It said "Cannot sign in... maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this ipod touch"

I have asked Apple tech support, they couldn't help me with that. 😠

Anyone know how I can go around and remove the existing account so I can assign the right Apple ID on ipod touch? Thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 3:52 PM

4 replies

Jun 5, 2012 2:10 AM in response to mikhailpanthers

Update:

Since nobody obviously knew how to solve this type of problem. Two things I discovered while I struggled to login with brand new Apple ID. One I mentioned above about maximum number of accounts been activated and other one was "Account Limit Reached". Account Limit Reached pop up alert says "This device is no longer eligible for creating a free iCloud account."

I'm pretty much baffled since I've never used iPod touch before and first time having a used iPod touch. Previous owner must've used it all up so I couldn't login my brand new Apple ID to login.

I'm gonna try bring it to Apple store which is 25 minutes drive! >.<

Removing existing account iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.