Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro (2011) can't detect my thunderbolt display when I reconnect after unplugging it.

Hey guys, my Mac suddenly can't detect my Thunderbolt Display after i unplugged it as I was going to use it in the living room. When I got back to my room and hook it up to the display, nothing happens. The Mac seems to be charging fine but the display just wont light up. I've done a few restarts and reconnected the thunderbolt cable a few times but it just won't work. Anybody has an idea whats happening? thanks

Apple Thunderbolt Display-OTHER

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 7:10 PM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2012 12:44 AM in response to MurphyC91

If you bring up the Displays preferences, is there an Arrangement tab? If not there is something physically wrong. Recheck the connections (again). Make sure the mini-displayport/thunderbolt plug is pushed firmly in so that essentially all the metal part disappears inside the socket. These plugs can be a little tricky in that you need to make sure the plug is fully seated in their socket.

If you have an Arrangement tab then click Detect Displays and Gather Windows to get the Displays preferences both on you main screen. Then check the resolution (and refresh rate if there).

Might also toss in a smc and pram reset.

My Macbook Pro (2011) can't detect my thunderbolt display when I reconnect after unplugging it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.