Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

List Style Will Not Indent Properly

I cannot seem to get Pages to create a list style that includes indentation properly. I've formatted text, added a new style, and the applied the new style to other text. However, the text that I apply the style to does not get indented. I've tried it as both a list and a paragraph style to no avail. There are pictures below showing each step. Any help is appreciated.

Text Appropriately Formatted Before Creating Style

User uploaded file

Creating Style Based on Formatted Text

User uploaded file

Text the style is applied to Not Showing Indentation

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 7:07 PM

14 replies

Jun 5, 2012 10:21 AM in response to Greg Knollmeyer

Ok, as Pages behaves peculiar one diagnostic move is to create a new user account on the computer and try Pages in that account and see if it still behave wrongly or not. Create a new user in System Preferences > Accounts. I have on I call Test, figures. 🙂

If Pages behaves in the new user account something is wrong in your original. Often it is a corrupt preference file. To delete the preference file click on Go in the Finder menu while pressing the Option/Alt key. Now you'll see the word Library > click on it and find your way to the Preference folder. Delete the com.apple.iwork.pages.plist file. A new one will be created when you start Pages again

Oct 4, 2012 10:45 AM in response to fruhulda

Having the same problem in OSX 10.8.2, Pages 4.2

click on Go in the Finder menu while pressing the Option/Alt key. Now you'll see the word Library > click on it and find your way to the Preference folder. Delete the com.apple.iwork.pages.plist file.

How would I do this in 10.8.2. I do not get the Library option when I click on "Go" in the Finder menu.

List Style Will Not Indent Properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.