Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just purchased/D/L Aperture fr. App Store - doesn't load

I get this notice:

Aperture cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure Aperture works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X.

My iMac is new - like 2 wks old. 2.8 GHz i7 OS X 10.7.4

I downloaded the update 3.2.4 from the App Store links, but get this when I try to open:

Alert

The version of Aperture installed on this Mac must be updated through the Mac App Store. Check the Mac App Store to see if an update is available.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2.8 intel i7

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:38 PM

Does Aperture crash, when you launch it?

Have a look at the crash report: Does it mention the "PluginManager.framework not loaded"?

Then you have a missing framework in your System Library and need to reinstall your Operating System, see this thread: Aperture 3.24 crashes after update

and this Support Article

Aperture 3.x: Aperture unexpectedly quits if Final Cut Express 4 is installed:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3528

If the crash is not "PluginManager" related, please post a crash log. You'll find the diagnostics in the "Console" Window (Applications > Utilities > Console).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2012 10:38 PM in response to jaraki

Does Aperture crash, when you launch it?

Have a look at the crash report: Does it mention the "PluginManager.framework not loaded"?

Then you have a missing framework in your System Library and need to reinstall your Operating System, see this thread: Aperture 3.24 crashes after update

and this Support Article

Aperture 3.x: Aperture unexpectedly quits if Final Cut Express 4 is installed:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3528

If the crash is not "PluginManager" related, please post a crash log. You'll find the diagnostics in the "Console" Window (Applications > Utilities > Console).

Just purchased/D/L Aperture fr. App Store - doesn't load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.