Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air won't connect to wifi - tried everything

Suddenly my MacBook air, which I purchased in January, won't connect to wifi. I was using it and it just stopped, although it says it's connected. I have had this happen other places but not at home. My router works. I tried restarting everything, deleting and readding the network, renewing the lease ... Everything. I am about to scream. PLEASE someone tell me how to fix this. This is totally unacceptable.

MacBook Air, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:55 PM

3 replies

Jun 4, 2012 11:16 PM in response to John Galt

At this point I am reinstalling Lion. I did what apple/another person said to do by deleting the system config file, shutting down and pressing certain keys (I'm so flustered I can't remember what they were) until it prompted me to "reinstall utilities." I am new to Mac so I have no idea which option to choose... If I reinstall a new version am I losing everything on my computer??

MacBook Air won't connect to wifi - tried everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.