Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How will upgrading from 10.6.8 to 10.7 affect my Parallels/Windows?

I have a Macbk pro w/10.6.8 & I want to upgrade to 10.7. However, I avoided this because I do not know how it will affect my Parallels (Build 6.0.12106 Revision 692267)? I have many screen prints filed in files on my desktop (lots of genealogy) & I have read that nothing much transfers to Lion.

One of the reasons I am ready to make the jump is because iphoto does NOT work. After an automatic upgrade, every time you open it, you get the most basic framework (no words or data)of iphoto but the circle (the gray slats one not the color spinning wheel) just sits there & spins forever & never loads. We took it in under hardware warranty & they replaced the SD card & USB slots & whatever they are attached to, but that did not solve the problem [it just solved the problem of the slots not being recognized]. Even the guy @ apple support couldn't help & we tried to rebuild it, but NOTHING! It just spins!!! I have seen so many people w/that same problem--if it was their update that screwed up iphoto, they should have a patch to fix it!

But, I digress: I have Quicken on the Windows side & it get's backed up often, but over the years it is a nightmare each time I have to restore it from external hd or the cloud...much time & tears trying to get it back to the way it should be.

Can anyone tell me what to do in order to protect my parallels before I upgrade?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 7:33 AM

Go to the Parallels site and check what version works with Lion. If your version will not work with Lion then you have your answer. Seems to me, as I recall, that Parallels released a version to work specifically with Lion.

Before you upgrade, back up all your data.

1 reply

How will upgrading from 10.6.8 to 10.7 affect my Parallels/Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.