Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not run the migration assistant because it says that Windows Mail is running. It is not. I have re-started the computer several times and I still have the same problem. What else can I do?

I can not run the migration assistant because it says that Windows Mail is running. It is not. I have re-started the computer several times and I still have the same problem. What else can I do?

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 10:17 AM

4 replies

Jun 5, 2012 11:16 AM in response to Fran Pombal

Depending o the version of Windows mail there is a service that starts with the system. This is with windows Live Mail which is the more current version. so that service may be what is stopping the Migration assistant from working.

But let me add that why are you using Migration Assistant. There is nothing on your PC that can be used on your Mac other then your personal files, Music, Pictures, Office documents and the like. Nothing else on a PC works on a Mac. No programs or settings.

So give up on MA and just copy your personal files over.

Jan 12, 2016 9:42 AM in response to Fran Pombal

For me here was the solution:

1. Press Windows Key + R to pull up a run dialog

2. Type "Services.msc" without the quotes and click OK

3. Allow any security prompts

4. Locate "Message Queing"

5. Right click and choose "Properties"

6. Click "Stop"

7. Change Startup Type to "Disabled" from the drop down menu

8. Click "Stop" if not grayed at this point (The service is a bugger an my try to start in between steps 6 and 7.

9. Restart Migration Assistant on the PC and I was good to go!

Cheers!

If you still want to use the PC after Migration Assistant is completed, go back into Services and Change startup type to Automatic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.