6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2012 8:03 AM by CorkyO2
dalefrombrunswick Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

How can I delete a Aperture plugin I no longer want or need?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • William Lloyd Level 7 Level 7 (20,980 points)

You would delete it from ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins or /Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-ins, depending on whether you installed it for your user, or for all users of the machine.

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (79,560 points)

The plug-ins are installed in one of the Libraries: System Library or your User Library in your home folder:

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

or

your home folder/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

Remove the plug-in from the Plug-ins folder.

Regards

Léonie

• jazztrumpet5 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Sorry to jump on the wagon here, but I do not have a Plug-ins folder in /Library/Applications Support/Aperture, but I do have plug-ins. Any thoughts?

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (79,560 points)

Sorry to jump on the wagon here, but I do not have a Plug-ins folder in /Library/Applications Support/Aperture, but I do have plug-ins. Any thoughts?

If you installed them, the plug-ins may be in your User Library

Your home folder: ~/Library/Applications Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins

To view your User Library, use the Finders main menu bar "Go" menu:

Click "GO" and hold down the the alt/options key until the User Library appears in the drop down menu, click it. Then browse the Finder window that will open.

Regards

Leonie

• jazztrumpet5 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I did this, but I don't have a Plug-ins folder in that location. Yet, I still have the plug-ins.

• CorkyO2 Level 4 Level 4 (1,290 points)

In the past (and maybe still) some plug-ins have created their own folder in one of the 'Application Support' folders.

I think 'Topaz' did (or still does) this if memory serves.

You might try looking for a folder in either of the Application Support addresses indicated by Leonie, or alternatively check with the developer (or their site) to see if information on location of plug-in files is available.