9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2012 1:02 PM by léonie
HugoMe Level 1 Level 1

I recently migrated from iPhoto to Aperture. I still have a bug. As said in title, I can't access all aperture pics through photo browser. For example if i want to upload a picture in Facebook, i can choose in safari dialog Aperture libray as a source but i don't get access to all pics. Some are randomly missing. I don't know what to do. Any idea ?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2x2.66 dual core xeon
Solved by William Lloyd on Jun 5, 2012 11:19 AM Solved

You will only see pictures for which you have generated previews.  Read up on Aperture previews (there are details in the help) and ensure you have previews generated for all the photos you want to see.  You can set previews on a project-by-project basis.

Reply by Frank Caggiano on Jun 5, 2012 11:26 AM Helpful

Also you need to be sharing the previews with iLife. You do this in Aperture->Preferences; Previews

Screen Shot 2012-06-05 at 14.24.38 .png

Reply by léonie on Jun 6, 2012 1:02 AM Helpful

I guess my aperture database of previews is corrupted and i should force to re-create all of it (10 000 pics)

Either that, or your Aperture Library needs repairing.

Try the Aperture Library first Aid Tools - launch Aperture with the options⌥-command⌘ keys hold down and repair the permissions and the database. And if this does not help, rebuild the library.

All replies

• William Lloyd Level 7 Level 7

You will only see pictures for which you have generated previews.  Read up on Aperture previews (there are details in the help) and ensure you have previews generated for all the photos you want to see.  You can set previews on a project-by-project basis.

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7

Also you need to be sharing the previews with iLife. You do this in Aperture->Preferences; Previews

Screen Shot 2012-06-05 at 14.24.38 .png

• HugoMe Level 1 Level 1

Thanks; this was already the case

• HugoMe Level 1 Level 1

Thanks.

I read some help document and i have found some way around

What is strange is that all previews are available in iPhoto, only some of them (with no apparent reason) are visible in Aperture.

And when I force updating of missing preview, it does not work: Aperture says it already exists, and does not create it (even with "option" key)

However, if i suppress the preview and then re-create it, it is now appearing.

I guess my aperture database of previews is corrupted and i should force to re-create all of it (10 000 pics)

What do you think ?

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Either that, or your Aperture Library needs repairing.

Try the Aperture Library first Aid Tools - launch Aperture with the options⌥-command⌘ keys hold down and repair the permissions and the database. And if this does not help, rebuild the library.

• HugoMe Level 1 Level 1

Bingo ! Thanks a lot.

I did that and it solved the issue. I was to generous with William, you should have received the green tick !

expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

William did the hard digging - I pointed to the one option that was left after all his work

• HugoMe Level 1 Level 1

Then thank you to both of you ! This was really helpful

expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

You are welcome. i am glad it works for you now.