Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access all aperture pics through photo browser

I recently migrated from iPhoto to Aperture. I still have a bug. As said in title, I can't access all aperture pics through photo browser. For example if i want to upload a picture in Facebook, i can choose in safari dialog Aperture libray as a source but i don't get access to all pics. Some are randomly missing. I don't know what to do. Any idea ?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2x2.66 dual core xeon

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 11:19 AM

You will only see pictures for which you have generated previews. Read up on Aperture previews (there are details in the help) and ensure you have previews generated for all the photos you want to see. You can set previews on a project-by-project basis.

9 replies

Jun 6, 2012 12:54 AM in response to William Lloyd

Thanks.

I read some help document and i have found some way around

What is strange is that all previews are available in iPhoto, only some of them (with no apparent reason) are visible in Aperture.

And when I force updating of missing preview, it does not work: Aperture says it already exists, and does not create it (even with "option" key)

However, if i suppress the preview and then re-create it, it is now appearing.

I guess my aperture database of previews is corrupted and i should force to re-create all of it (10 000 pics)

What do you think ?

Jun 6, 2012 1:02 AM in response to HugoMe

I guess my aperture database of previews is corrupted and i should force to re-create all of it (10 000 pics)

Either that, or your Aperture Library needs repairing.

Try the Aperture Library first Aid Tools - launch Aperture with the options⌥-command⌘ keys hold down and repair the permissions and the database. And if this does not help, rebuild the library.

Can't access all aperture pics through photo browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.