Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I access files transferred through Migration assistant

Hi all

I have tried to use the migration assistant to transfer files from my pc which is about to expire (Hard drive is on its way out). Ive had the Macbook for about 8 months and as I had never had a Mac before I wanted to get to grips with things before transferring everything over.

So after spending about 2 hours transferring files I now find I cannot access anything. It has put everything into a separate account, which I understand and have read other threads about this so I know it is normal. The problem is I cant get into that account as it asks for a password and none of my passwords work. I was never asked to give a password for the new account so if its not a new one or one of my original ones how do I get in. Also even if I do get into this new account can I transfer the files to my normal one?

Im beginning to think I should have just copied everything over by flash drive. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), New Mac user.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 11:10 AM

There are no replies.

Why can't I access files transferred through Migration assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.