Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on my macbook pro and no internal speaker option in the system preferences. How can I fix this? Thanks

i have no sound on my macbook pro and no internal speaker option in the system preferences. How can I fix this? Thanks

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 12:52 PM

6 replies

Jan 10, 2013 8:51 PM in response to dominic23

Thankyou, this helped me to fix my external speakers. However I cannot listen to anything with heaphones anymore. TI have a macbook pro 13" inch and I only got it maybe 2 years ago, probably less than that. A few days ago I plugged my headphones in to do some final cut pro editing and my sound wasnt working at all! I've checked to see if my sound was on mute when speakers were in.....NOPE, Ive reset the PRAM settings....NOPE, Ive restarted the computer many times and that also isnt working. Do you have any other advice for me to fix this problem? Or do I really have to take my computer into a genius bar or something. The unfortunate thing is that I am currently in India making a film documetary and now I cant edit with headphones for best sound quality.
Please someone help me with this.

Matt.

No sound on my macbook pro and no internal speaker option in the system preferences. How can I fix this? Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.