Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RAW+JPEG Import Question

I switched from Windows/LR to Mac/Aperture last year and have a question about importing RAW and JPEG files.

My camera (Olympus EM5) finally has RAW support and I have been shooting RAW+JPEG. I got a preset that I like to apply to the RAW files during the import. But I don't want the preset applied to the JPEG files. What I have been doing is importing the RAW and JPEG separately.

Is there a way to import them all together and have the preset only applied to the RAW files on import? Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 1:23 PM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2012 7:02 PM in response to swandy

What import settings have you tried? What configuration do you want the library to have (Both RAW + JPGs as separate masters or only one of them as master?).

If you want the RAW as master try importing as Both (RAW as master) to see if the preset is only applied to the RAW.

If you want both as masters, that is you're importing Both (Separate masters) then I don;t believe it will be possible to restrict the preset to just the RAWs on import. But instead of importing the images in two separate batches it might be easier to import both and to apply the preset after import using Metadata->Batch Change. It would be easy to filter just the RAW images to apply the preset to.

RAW+JPEG Import Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.