Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to load facebook on my MacBook Pro

I have been unable to load facebook on my MacBook Pro for almost the past 2 weeks on my wireless internet at home. It started out not loading using Google Chrome, but the problem quickly spread to all of my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari). On Chrome I get the following message: "No Data Recieved Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data. Error 324." On Safari, it says "Safari can't open the page." My internet connection is fine for all other websites other than facebook. Furthermore, when I brought my MacBook Pro out-of-town facebook worked fine on a different internet source. In addition, facebook and all other websites are able to load on other devices on my home internet (desktops, laptops, iPad, iPod).

I have contacted both my internet service provider and the manufacturer of my router and neither company had any idea how to fix it. They seemed to think it was either a facebook problem or a problem with my MacBook.

I have a tried a few things that seemed to provide a temporary fix lasting about 5 mintues or a few clicks around facebook:

1. clearing the cache and history in my browswers

2. changing some settings on my router

3. restarting the router

4. connecting to the internet using ethernet instead of wireless

I would really appreciate any help in trying to fix this problem!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 1:44 PM

12 replies

Sep 25, 2012 6:03 PM in response to purplecrayon26

I have the EXACT same issue...phew, so glad I found this thread. I thought I was the only one?!? So I tried what you said and just plugged in the ethernet cable and poof it disappeared and works.

This is by far on of the strangest things that I have seen. It only happens on Facebook and like you said about 5 clicks in and it just stops responding till it errors out on time.

Freakin WEIRD

Dec 6, 2012 5:14 PM in response to purplecrayon26

Hello there,

I had the same exact problem. This is a simple DNS issue which you can fix through your system prefernces. Look at the DNS setup (System Preferences/Network/Wireless/Advanced)
After doing so, go to THC/IP then there try to change in the Configure IPV: to DNS manual address, try inserting the ip address you had previously. It wont work but by doing so, the computer will try to inster new settings. Then go back to was there before which is Using DHCP... then go back to DNS tab on top add your ip address and connect as usual. This worked for me, I was lucky I have no clue how it worked I was just trying to fool around with the DNS settings which are clearly the source of the issue.

hope it works for you.

Oct 14, 2014 9:22 AM in response to Royaldog12

This worked for me:

I found my DNS settings on my router (there are two of them - need to go into the applicable ip address for your router on your url line: ie: 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 etc) -- on my Mac I selected "open network preferences" then > selected "advanced" then > selected the "DNS" tab > deleted the DNS numbers stored there (I wrote them down first as a safeguard of course) > then entered the two DNS numbers from my router. This worked.

There is another solve out there that worked for some (but not for me) > go to your router > use MTU 1400 > then go to network preferences on your mac again and enter 1400 there as well (select "Hardware" tab under "advanced")

hope this helps

Unable to load facebook on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.