Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod shuffle 4th gen wont charge or show up on my computer, what should i do?

please tell me how to get my ipod shuffle 4th gen to charge or connect to my computer so i can format it. i really dont want this to be a waste of $50

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 5:27 PM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2012 8:23 PM in response to @wesomeness

If it's less than one year old, it should still be under warranty. If you are near an Apple Store, I'd make an appointment at the Genius Bar to see about getting it replaced.

There are two likely possibilities. The cable used to connect it to USB has gone bad. Or the connector on the iPod has gone bad.

Be sure to try these things, if you have not already. Use a different USB port on your computer.

Disconnect iPod shuffle and completely shut down (power off) your computer. Also, use this procedure to reset the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1655

Turn on computer. Run iTunes. Connect iPod shuffle.

my ipod shuffle 4th gen wont charge or show up on my computer, what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.