Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is my music's "date added" data anywhere in my ipod?

I got my first iPod, a 30gb video (classic) about 5-6 years ago. It's now full and I just got a 160gb classic. I really like being able to sort all my songs by date and see how my music preferences have changed throughout the years, but here's the problem. The only accurate "date added" dates are in my old 30gb iPod. I originally used it with iTunes on an XP computer that is now long gone. Now I'm using a MBP that I got late last year. When I transferred my songs from my old computer(s) to my current laptop, I did so by copying the content in the hidden music folder in the iPod into OSX's music folder, and then adding that to iTunes. Therefore, all the "date added" dates for iTunes are the (incorrect) same day, the date of this transfer. However, I want to be able to preserve the "date added" dates from my old iPod and transfer them to my new iPod, so that I can still sort all the songs by date. The data has to be somewhere in the iPod right? How could I go about transferring it to the new one?

iPod classic

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 7:03 PM

1 reply

is my music's "date added" data anywhere in my ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.