Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not export my slideshow to any format. iPhoto always lost some photos for me.

For example, I make a slideshow with 12 photos, but when I export this slideshow to 'Display' format, just only 2 or 3 photos in it. Anyone tell me how to fix?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 9:09 PM

13 replies

Jun 6, 2012 6:13 AM in response to D.LI

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on seven different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary from version to version and OS to OS. So before anyone can help, they need information to work with. Basic stuff:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. What were you doing when the problem arose?

- Did it ever work properly?

- Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

Anything else you can think of that might allow someone else to understand your issue.

With this kind of information somebody can develop a starting point for troubleshooting the issue.

Jun 7, 2012 7:14 PM in response to Yer_Man

My MacBook Air OS version is OS X 10.7.4

iPhoto version is iPhoto '11 (9.2.3)

I want to make a slideshow with 22 photos. It's perfect when play on my computer. So I export this slideshow to 'Display Format', and creat a .m4v file. But when I play this file, I find some photos are lost (maybe 3rd~10th, maybe 5th~14th, it is random). There is no error messages when exporting.

So I don't know what happen and how to fix.

Jun 8, 2012 6:21 AM in response to Yer_Man

I am having this same issue: exported slideshow eventually photos disappear, screen is white but music continues.

I am on a brand new Mac Book Pro OS X 10.7.3

Using iPhoto 11

I did not use the Ken Burns effect - Classic instead

I have 404 photos set to music a put into Garage Band and exported into iTunes.

It plays perfect in iPhoto, which all photos at the right moments with the songs.

Then one photo skips by quickly without a transition and a number of photos are then not seen which causes the syncronization with music to alter.

Then the photos stop all together screen turns white and the music continues.

Need to burn it to DVD have exported it twice with different results but both similar to above, each time.

One poster said the computer got too hot and he believed exporting stopped. He tried putting a fan near to keep cool and then it worked. Sounds a bit impossible.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Jun 9, 2015 5:54 PM in response to D.LI

Same problem for me. Exporting a slideshow (using 1080p) results in missing photos. (I am using: OSX 10.10.2, iPhoto9.6, "vintage photo" theme.) They are always the same photos which go missing. I have tried repairing permissions on my iPhoto library, "repairing" the library, and "rebuilding" the iPhoto library, without success.

I have the original jpg files, so I deleted the photos which go missing, reimported them fresh, and then re-added them to my slideshow.

The first time I export the slideshow, they are there in the slideshow - seemingly a success! However, if I export the slideshow again, those photos go missing again, and those photos will never again appear in an exported slideshow. This is completely reproducible as well.

I am not sure why this happens with only certain photos. There is no apparent difference between the photos which are lost, and ones which have no problem...

Is there a bug with iPhoto?

Jim

I can not export my slideshow to any format. iPhoto always lost some photos for me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.