Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased Aperture 3 before the app store, where to download?

Hi all,

I recently put a fresh install of OS X on my Mac after upgrading my hard drive. I've reinstalled most of my software but I'm having a hard time tracking down Aperture. I purchased it from Apple as a download prior to the app store coming into existence, and it looks like Apple has shut down the trial version which used to be the delivery mechanism. Where can I get it without having to repurchase it on the App store?

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4), Dual SSD, 8 gigs of RAM

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 9:19 PM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2012 9:42 PM in response to Lon Seidman

There is no longer a trial version of Aperture available. Do you still have a copy of your Trial-installer somewhere on your backup? Then use that to reinstall Aperture. Or if you have a backup of your previous system (Time Machine or clone) you can try to reinstall Aperture from that using the Migration Assistant - this will spoil your clean install however.

Some posters reported, that they found Aperture in the "Purchases" section of the "AppStore" after signing into the AppStore with the AppleID they used to buy Aperture with, ready to be accepted, because they had registered their Aperture version. If you see Aperture there, simply accept it and download again.

Your only other option is to contact Apple with a "Proof of purchase" and ask for a copy of the Trial Installer.

See: Pro Application Replacement Serial Numbers: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1861

Regards

Léonie

I purchased Aperture 3 before the app store, where to download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.