Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google calendars no longer appearing on iphone calendar

My google calendars (I have 3 Google e-mail accounts) used to appear on my iPhone calendar. Now none of the appointments made on google calendars are appearing on the iphone calendar. Please give me a simple uncomplicated solution.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 6:25 PM

I realized that I had this problem back in January and fixed it doing the following

Here's what I did:

(1) I added the Google calendar using the CALDAV option - i.e., go to Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendar and then choose Add Calendar. Here is a link to the instructions I followed:

http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=151674&ctx=cb&src=cb &cbid=-1g0evm93kqt46&cbrank=3

Here are the steps that I followed:

To sync with your device, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
  2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Select Add Account...
  4. Select Other.
  5. Select Add CalDAV Account.
  6. Enter your account information:
    • In the Server field, enter [ google.com ]
    • In the Username field, enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
    • In the Password field, enter your Google Account or Google Apps password.
    • In the Description field, enter the name you'd like to appear on the account.
  7. Select Next at the top of your screen.

After you've completed setup, open the Calendar app on your device and syncing will automatically begin.

After this, there were 2 entries in my iphone calendar for every gmail calendar appointment - i.e., each entry appeared twice.

8. You can fix the duplicate issue by doing one of the following

ℹ Deleted the calendar you just added following the advice above.

OR

(ii) Go to settings and disable the calendar from the "Mail, Contacts, Calendar" option

See attached picUser uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2012 6:25 PM in response to ssaikia

I realized that I had this problem back in January and fixed it doing the following

Here's what I did:

(1) I added the Google calendar using the CALDAV option - i.e., go to Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendar and then choose Add Calendar. Here is a link to the instructions I followed:

http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=151674&ctx=cb&src=cb &cbid=-1g0evm93kqt46&cbrank=3

Here are the steps that I followed:

To sync with your device, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
  2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Select Add Account...
  4. Select Other.
  5. Select Add CalDAV Account.
  6. Enter your account information:
    • In the Server field, enter [ google.com ]
    • In the Username field, enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
    • In the Password field, enter your Google Account or Google Apps password.
    • In the Description field, enter the name you'd like to appear on the account.
  7. Select Next at the top of your screen.

After you've completed setup, open the Calendar app on your device and syncing will automatically begin.

After this, there were 2 entries in my iphone calendar for every gmail calendar appointment - i.e., each entry appeared twice.

8. You can fix the duplicate issue by doing one of the following

ℹ Deleted the calendar you just added following the advice above.

OR

(ii) Go to settings and disable the calendar from the "Mail, Contacts, Calendar" option

See attached picUser uploaded file

Google calendars no longer appearing on iphone calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.