Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug when editing in a time zone different from the one imported in

I submitted this as direct Aperture feedback but wanted to post it here since that form does not yet have an option for the 3.2.4 update and as a reference in case someone else encounters the same problem.

We recently did a shoot in a location in the MDT time zone (UTC -6) and imported the files into Aperture. Upon returning to our home location in the PDT time zone (UTC -7) and beginning editing we've discovered a bug with editing using an external editor.

Suppose a file has the timestamp of 5:00 pm MDT. Open it in an external editor, save, and close. The new sub-master created as a result will receive the timestamp of 5:00 pm PDT. It should receive the same time zone information, or at the very least, an appropriately adjusted timestamp for the current time zone (i.e., 4:00 pm PDT).

This bug results in the file being immediately sorted to one end of the thumbnail strip (which end depends on the time zone shift) if its sort mode is set to Date (the default).

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 11:41 PM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2012 11:53 PM in response to Ryan Britton

Ryan,

We recently did a shoot in a location in the MDT time zone (UTC -6) and imported the files into Aperture. Upon returning to our home location in the PDT time zone (UTC -7) and beginning editing we've discovered a bug with editing using an external editor.

just to make sure - how did you import? Did you specify the camera's timezone and the actual time zone on import? Otherwise Aperture will assume the camera's Time Zone to have been the local time zone your computer is set to.

The time zone adjustment is buggy for some Canon Cameras. What brand of camera do you use? And what is your external editor?

I am asking all this, because I never had a problem with the time zone and external edits - only when using my Canon Camera 😀

Regards

Léonie

Bug when editing in a time zone different from the one imported in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.